The NEPD was set up with the following aims:
- To develop a network of private dentists in the North East region.
- To create a forum for discussion of clinical issues within a confidential and supportive environment.
- To continue high standards of patient care and to be kept up to date via an active seminar programme.
- To introduce a Code of Conduct and Constitution to which all members of the NEPD adhere.
- To provide a reliable on-call emergency service for members' private patients at weekends.